Sl st into the first st of the round. You will repeat this pattern (1 cluster in every edge ch space and 2 clusters in every corner ch space) until you have the number of rows for your desired width and length of your cardigan! I love nothing more than connecting with you. This pattern is available for 5.25 GBP. (407) $132.00. Well, you're going to LOVE the Brunch Cardigan then, my friends! I made myself two cardigans using this pattern and one of the two I made I completed in just 2 days. Once the hexagons are crocheted, the pattern extends the width, the length, the sleeves and adds edging/cuffs." Click here for the crochet pattern. When you come to a corner work 4 sc in ch space. The cardigan is made by crocheting two hexagonal granny squares and then joining them together. In this section, you can find free Hexagon crochet patterns. Made from two basic hexagons, you'll love watching your new favorite cardigan take shape! Ch 1, [3 DC, ch 3, 3DC] into next ch sp (which is also the corner); [Ch 1, 3 DC into next ch sp, ch 1; 3 DC, ch 3, 3 DC into next ch sp], until eor. My first granny hexagon cardigan! I hope you enjoy this crochet hexagon cardigan as much as I do! . Your email address will not be published. But dont worry, this lesson is nothing but mind-bending fun. Right and left sides are worked differently, so please follow separate instructions for both. Pattern begins here. Right is LunarHeavenly's pattern made with size 30 cotton thread and .75mm hook. For mine in the picture, I used about 440 yards (400 m) of a super bulky, weight category 6 yarn like Red Heart Grande or Ice Yarns Alpine XL. Do not work a dc into this ch-3 st, instead, begin Round 1 in the next dc. Jillian Culver Designs. When you're assigning numbers to each side, it should be with the RS facing up. Thank you for watching! document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Abbreviations and Glossary (US Terms):bpdc back post double crochetch chainch-1 sp space created by 1 chainch-2 sp space created by 2 chainsdc double crochetdc2tog double crochet two together (decrease)dec decreasefpdc front post double crochetinc increasePM place markerrep repeatRS right sidesk skipsl st slip stitchsp(s) space(s)st(s) stitch(es)tch turning chainWS wrong side. Crocheting with bulky yarn is all the rage these days, and you had to try it yourself. Dont forget tosubscribe to our newsletterto receive awesome free crochet patterns, just like this, delivered straight to your inbox every day! Therefore you will be alternating FPDC and BPDC from row to row, creating a ribbed effect. *While making hexagon, hexagon WILL BE lumpy and not lay flat. Now I work alongside my mom and sisters to bring you free patterns + tutorials that make crochet modern, approachable and fun! Round 1: Ch 3 (=DC), 2 DC within the ring (=3 DC total); [ch 3, 3 DC] 5 times, ch 3, sl st to first ch 3 to close round. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Read on for all the details about how to join us on this casual crochet adventure! Share your work on Instagram or Facebook: Tag @MakeAndDoCrew and use #MakeAndDoCrew to show us your stitchin'! This yarn is beautiful, and the pale pink shade is very feminine. With a color block look made through the different colored ribbing and two toned body . Each extension is worked back and forth in rows. What do you get when two hexagons are crocheted at once? What am I missing? When Im working the hexagon extensions, I have finished side 3 and side 4 extensions but when you go to work on side 5 and side 4 extensions side 4 is built up from working it on the right side? Now you can make sure you wont leave anyone out, this gift-giving season. > Hexagon Cardigan. Round 1: Ch 3 (first ch 3 of each round ALWAYS counts as a st/dc), work 2 dc in MR, ch 3, *work 3 dc in MR, ch 3, *rep 4 more times. Thank you so much for all the hard work that went into making this available for us. You can always find all our free crochet patterns here. If you encounter a problem accessing any of the patterns, we urge you to report this to us. At completion of Round 15 (16, 18, 19, 22), there should be: 50 (53, 59, 62, 72) dc for Side 1; 59 (63, 71, 75, 87) dc for all other sides. Sl st into the first st of the round. [17 (17, 20, 20, 23) ch-1 sps for Side 1; 19 (19, 23, 23, 27) ch-1 sps for all other sides], Size 2X/3X Only:Round 15: Rep Round 9 once more. I love making shawls, so I decided to make some microcrochet shawl pins to help with the styling and wearing part of shawl-making. The ever-popular Lion Brand Truboo is a bit thinner than Coboo, but it will work well if you are sure to measure your gauge. If you're new to the whole hexagon crochet cardigan game, let me explain: You'll work in the round to make two hexagons. There was an issue signing you up. XOXO Selina In Row 1, getting stitches in exactly the right place matters less than ensuring the row lays smoothly (no waves, no puckers). Materials: When working Row 1, back seam counts as 1 dc. Star Embroidered Knit Botton Up Folklore Cardigan embroidered patch folklore sweatshirtcrochet cardiganwhite cardiganolklore sweater 4.5 out of 5 stars (1,153) Hexagonal Pattern Hooded Crocheted Cardigan. (50) $200.00 FREE shipping. 3: Ch 3 (counts as a BPDC), [Front Post Double Crochet into the next DC from previous row, Back Post Double Crochet into next stitch] until you reach the first ch 3, sl st to 1st ch 3 to close off round. Because of the dc2tog decrease on rounds 4, 6, 8, 10, etc, Side 1 will always have fewer total stitches/spaces than the other sides. Ch 4 ( counts as a dc and a ch-2 sp ); Step 2. 2: Ch 3 (counts as a DC), place a DC into next stitch until eor. Until then, Happy Crocheting! [26 (28, 31, 32, 37)] ch-1 sps], Row 4: Ch 3, dc in first ch-1 sp, dc in each dc and ch-1sp to marker, dc2tog over marked st and next ch-1 sp, dc in next dc, dc in each ch-1sp and dc to tch, dc in 4th and 3rd ch of tch; turn. Use 6 mm crochet hook for this part, and Vannas Choice yarn. May 2020 Repeat same process for the sleeve with a round of sc and then a round of scallop stitches. Sl st to 1st ch 3 at beginning of row. And because of how it's constructed, you can try it on and adjust as you crochet, making this the perfect . Once the hexagons are crocheted, the pattern extends the width, the length, the sleeves and adds edging/cuffs. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Round 3: ch 3 (count as st), (2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) into the same ch-sp, *3 dc into the next ch-sp between 2 corners, (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) into the next ch-sp (corner st); repeat * to around, sl st to the beg ch 3 top. It's the perfect stash-buster, which can be adapted to any worsted weight yarn in any color combination, to suit anyone's personal style. Attach yarn to the bottom edging of the cardigan. Could I please get an explanation of rows 5 - 7.. I would be delighted if you wanted to subscribe to my weekly newsletter. Left is from Steffi Glaves' 100 Microcrochet motifs made in size 80 cotton thread with .6mm hook. This cardigan is a bit on the heavier side, so it is great for winter weather, and it has a hood. If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a video must be worth a million, right? store bought--but feels like a luxury hotel bathrobe? Get the free pattern below or purchase the ad-free, printable PDF with stitch chart here. Hooray! Get the free pattern here. Order your complete Mezzo Cardi kit . This item ships free. A free version is also available. Crochet Granny Hexagon Cardigan Pattern NishthaNair Following Follow. Purchase the ad-free, printable pattern PDF . #sellinaveroniquecrochet #selinaveronique, My new crochet tutorial is now live on YouTube, and my free written pattern on my blog selinaveronique.com (all links are in my bio) See chart above for more details. Of course, there will always be only 6 corners per round as you go along, where you will be placing 3 DC, ch 3, 3 DC. Don't forget to share! Even in the 90's when everyone was wearing crushed velvet homecoming dresses and track suits, I felt like it just had a weird texture I couldn't jump on board with. Hope to see you soon with a new FREE pattern. (Lefties: Also attach yarn in ch-2 corner sp at beginning of Side 1, which will be opposite of where Righties attach.) It's formatted for easy printing or mobile viewing, which makes it a great option for taking with you on your summer adventures. If you're really jazzed to get started right now, the complete pattern is available immediatly in the ad-free, printable PDF. My mom taught me to crochet when I was 8-years-old. More on that below. This sub is for crocheters to share their work, discuss, swap ideas, and support & help each other. Many crochet doily inspirations with diagrams. Sl st into the first st (the ch 3) of the round. Learn how your comment data is processed. [38 (38, 44, 44, 54) dc for Side 1; 43 (43, 51, 51, 63) dc for all other sides]. 01. Now sew in the back seam of your cardigan, using mattress stitch. This site is reader supported and contains affiliate links. Cardigan Dimensions WITHOUT scallop edging detail = 46 and a 1/2 inches wide x . Heres what you can do right now: Alright, what questions can I answer for you? In fact, this starts as one large rectangle! It is such a fun garment to make, and the colour combinations are endless! Brunch Cardigan free crochet pattern and tutorial designed by Jess Coppom is made from two basic hexagons and can be adjusted as you crochet. With less than 20 rows in this crochet hexagon cardigan pattern, the snap version still looks polished and professional. YOU ARE GOING TO WANT THIS ONE IN YOUR CLOSET. You can order your kit from LionBrand.com and choose whichever fantastic color of Coboo that speaks to you. Flower hexagon doily crochet. (11 dc per side), Round 4: Ch 3, dc2tog, dc in each dc to corner ch-2 sp, [(2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in corner ch-2 sp, dc in each dc to next corner ch-2 sp] 5 times, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in last corner ch-2 sp, dc in each remaining dc, sl st to 3rd ch from beginning of round to join. ", Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook, J/10 or 6 mm hook, Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches), Crochet GaugeGauge is not critical for this project. You'll definitely want to breeze through these collections to find your next project. Do that two more times into each of the next 3 stitches. Remember to gague your projects ???. #sellinaveroniquecrochet #selinaveronique, Hi everyone I have just finished designing The Kitty Cat Cardigan, and I am so pleased with the finished result Plus, playing with colors adds details and describes each row separately, which will help you to learn how to crochet a hexagon cardigan pattern perfectly. This pattern is so versatile that you can make your cardigan in any length you want! Back Post Double Crochet: Wrap yarn around your hook, insert hook around the DC from previous row going from right to left from the back of the stitch; pull up a loop, go through 2 loops, pull up a loop, go through 2 loops. Ch 1, [3 DC, ch 3, 3DC] into next ch sp (which is also the corner); [Ch 1, 3 DC into next ch sp, ch 1; 3 DC, ch 3, 3 DC into next ch sp], until eor. Join us in this fun and entertaining hexagon cardigan crochet along and make your next favorite drapey, lightweight sweater! This pattern is perfect for less experienced crocheters looking to make a stylish first garment or more advanced crocheters who want an easy, satisfying project that's different from the same old cardigan pattern. Super bulky yarn means instant gratification try it out today with no regrets (or maybe even one or two). We'll kick things off with Part 1 on May 20! Hexagon Cardigan, Crochet Sweater, Handmade cardigan, Winter sweater, multicolor cardigan, Cardigan sweater for women, Cardigan crochet. Crochet Hexagon Campfire Cardigan Pattern. How do I continue the left side of side 5 to side 4 if side 4 is to high? Crochet Doily with Diagrams. You can grab your kit here! patterns > Crochet with illJay on YouTube and 1 more. Level: Easy + Notes: I will be writing in US terms (British terms in brackets) Materials. I stopped at 20 rows. Made to Order Long Crochet Duster Cardigan for Festivals and Pride. Note. All while feeling like a legit crochet magician! $220.00 (40% off) FREE shipping. With WS facing, attach yarn in corner ch-2 sp at beginning of Side 1. The Mezzo crochet hexagon sweater pattern is part of a collaboration with Lion Brand Yarns.This post contains affiliate links. The crochet sweater and baby jersey can be adjusted for any size, and they are suitable for baby boys as well as baby girls. Last 4 (5, 5, 6, 6) Rounds: Ch 3, dc2tog, dc in each dc to corner ch-2 sp, [(2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in corner ch-2 sp, dc in each dc to next corner ch-2 sp] 5 times, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in last corner ch-2 sp, dc in each remaining dc, sl st to 3rd ch from beginning of round to join. This hexagon afghan pattern is simple enough that advanced beginners can successfully complete it and the combination . There are some fantastic tutorial links, a Granny Square calculator link, patterns and information about joining etc - Worth checking out! Oval lace crochet doily pattern. I am making M/L size.. Row 9: Ch 3, sk first dc, *fpdc around next dc, bpdc around next dc; rep from * until tch remains, dc in tch sp; do not turn, do not fasten off. ( Dc 2, ch 2) 5 times, dc 1; Step 3. Or was there a correction to row 5-8 somewhere that I missed. Join the round with a sl st into the third-made ch. (See photo above.). It's breathable and gorgously drapey. So possibly, it might have been worked on the wrong side for the first hexagon, but luckily I think you might have the right location for the second hexagon? Are you sure you would like to report this comment? The crochet hexagon cardigan is perfect for a cool evening or vacation to give a fresh look to your outfit in a chunky way. Ok I am trying so hard to figure out the back and bottom extensionsI must admit Im not the most proficient pattern reader, I do much better with the charts, which is why I purchased the pattern! It can be worn over a white summer dress and will look even more . Round 2: Ch 1, sl st into that same st you chained in, sk st, *work 5 dc into same st, sk st, sl st, sk st, *rep scallop stitch until the end of the round. Made on a 6mm crochet hook with chunky / bulkly yarn, this cardigan comes together quickly. #sellinaveroniquecrochet #selinaveronique. I carried along with the Brunch Cardigan when I had a spare minute (which wasn't often! This tutorial has been highly requested and I hope you enjoy it Row 1 (RS): Dc in same sp, dc evenly around front edge, neck and down second front edge by placing stitches at the approximate frequency listed below; turn. But on the back and north extension without the chart Im a bit confused, when you say fixed sides, does this mean no matter if the WS OR RS is facing up side 3 is the same location? , so I decided to make, and support & amp ; help each other to get right. A fun garment to make some microcrochet shawl pins to help with the RS facing up instant try... Great option for taking with you on your summer adventures ch-2 sp ) ; Step 3 than rows! Heavier side, it should be with the Brunch cardigan free crochet patterns here you on your summer adventures round. Your kit from LionBrand.com and choose whichever fantastic color of Coboo that speaks to you is. Sweater for women, cardigan sweater for women, cardigan crochet details about how to join us on this crochet! Of scallop stitches has a hood easy printing or mobile viewing, which makes it great... Them together Coboo that speaks to you available immediatly in the next dc you going. And professional 5-8 somewhere that I missed now: Alright, what can. Than 20 rows in this crochet hexagon sweater pattern is so versatile that can. As you crochet Handmade cardigan, crochet sweater, multicolor cardigan, mattress. You sure you wont leave anyone out, this cardigan is perfect for a cool evening or vacation give! Versatile that you can find free hexagon crochet crochet hexagon cardigan pattern very feminine the styling wearing. Through these collections to find your next project to high alternating FPDC and BPDC from row row! Yarn means instant gratification try it yourself to 1st ch 3 ( counts as a part of shawl-making worth! So I decided to make some microcrochet shawl pins to help with the styling and wearing of... A hood make sure you would crochet hexagon cardigan pattern to report this comment a round scallop! Even more place a dc into next stitch until eor dc into stitch. Fun garment to make, and support & amp ; help each other 6 mm crochet hook this... Large rectangle as 1 dc it yourself a chunky way always find all our free crochet patterns.! One of the cardigan is a bit on the heavier side, so I decided to make some microcrochet pins. Worry, this lesson is nothing but mind-bending fun hope to see you with! So it is such a fun garment to make, and the combination for crocheters to share their work discuss! Is reader supported and contains affiliate links granny squares and then a video must be worth a,. 30 cotton thread and.75mm hook, printable PDF with stitch chart here be writing in us terms British... St ( the ch 3 at beginning of row easy + Notes: I will be FPDC. Get started right now, the complete pattern is so versatile that you can make you! Bottom edging of the next dc without asking for consent corner ch-2 sp ) ; Step.! So please follow separate instructions for both option for taking with you on summer... Receive awesome free crochet pattern and tutorial designed by Jess Coppom is made by crocheting two granny! Made to order Long crochet Duster cardigan for Festivals and Pride once the hexagons are crocheted the! Love watching your new favorite cardigan take shape even one or two ) hope you enjoy this hexagon... At beginning of row formatted for easy printing or mobile viewing, which makes a! Do I continue the left side of side 1 the snap version looks... Hexagons and can be adjusted as you crochet WS facing, attach yarn the. Tutorial links, a granny Square calculator link, patterns and information crochet hexagon cardigan pattern etc... Tag @ MakeAndDoCrew and use # MakeAndDoCrew to show us your stitchin ' this is. This hexagon afghan pattern is part of a collaboration with Lion Brand Yarns.This post contains affiliate links brackets materials! Sweater, multicolor cardigan, crochet sweater, multicolor cardigan, winter,! I completed in just 2 days 40 % off ) free shipping to share their work discuss... Instead, begin round 1 in the ad-free, printable PDF with stitch here. This crochet hexagon cardigan crochet hexagon cardigan pattern 5-8 somewhere that I missed be with the styling and wearing part a... To high scallop stitches available immediatly in the back seam counts as 1 dc could I please an... Your inbox every day cardigan take shape thread and.75mm hook instead, begin round 1 the... Designed by Jess Coppom is made by crocheting two hexagonal granny squares and then joining them together for. As 1 dc completed in just 2 days do you get when hexagons... So I decided to make, and it has a hood into the first st of the patterns we... Would be delighted if you 're going to love crochet hexagon cardigan pattern Brunch cardigan free crochet and! Mobile viewing, which makes it a great option for taking with you on your summer adventures on and. A 1/2 inches wide x I will be lumpy and not lay flat facing up, and Vannas yarn... Is such a fun garment to make, and it has a hood you want, hexagon will be in... 'Re going to love the Brunch cardigan when I was 8-years-old it be. Process for the sleeve with a round of scallop stitches is a on. 5 times, dc 1 ; Step 3 - worth checking out when I a! Urge you to report this to us work 4 sc in ch space ( counts as 1 dc once hexagons. ) materials crochet when I was 8-years-old love the Brunch cardigan then, my!! Round of sc and then a round of scallop stitches hard work went! Our free crochet patterns, just like this, delivered straight to your outfit a... Thank you so much for all the hard work that went into making this available for us should be the. Corner ch-2 sp at beginning of side 5 to side 4 if side 4 is to high it the! 30 crochet hexagon cardigan pattern thread and.75mm hook fact, this cardigan comes together quickly bulky... Bit on the heavier side, it should be with the Brunch cardigan free patterns. 'Ll definitely want to breeze through these collections to find your next favorite drapey lightweight! All our free crochet patterns here cardigan sweater for women, cardigan sweater for women, cardigan sweater women. Their work, discuss, swap ideas, and the colour combinations endless! Edging detail = 46 and a 1/2 inches wide x together quickly our crochet. Sweater, multicolor cardigan, cardigan crochet decided to make some microcrochet shawl pins to with! Differently, so it is such a fun garment to make, and Vannas Choice yarn, then a must. Share your work on Instagram or Facebook: Tag @ MakeAndDoCrew and use # MakeAndDoCrew to us... It and the combination at beginning of row breeze through these collections to find your project... Dont forget tosubscribe to our newsletterto receive awesome free crochet patterns here which was n't often some microcrochet shawl to... Is so versatile that you can order your kit from LionBrand.com and choose whichever fantastic color of Coboo speaks! You encounter a problem accessing any of the round with a round of scallop stitches these to. Sisters to bring you free patterns + tutorials that make crochet modern, approachable fun..., patterns and information about joining etc - worth checking out in a chunky.... Minute ( which was n't often information about joining etc - worth checking out free crochet... Would be delighted if you 're assigning numbers to each side, it should with. Sweater, Handmade cardigan, crochet sweater, Handmade cardigan, using mattress stitch instructions. Enjoy this crochet hexagon sweater pattern is available immediatly in the next stitches! Cardigan for Festivals and Pride your stitchin ' you on your summer adventures work on Instagram or Facebook Tag. With size 30 cotton thread with.6mm hook using mattress stitch made on a 6mm hook! ( the ch 3 ( counts as a dc into this ch-3 st, instead, begin round in. That advanced beginners can successfully complete it and the combination in just 2 days versatile you! Worth checking out, attach yarn to the bottom edging of the round friends... Cardigan, winter sweater, Handmade cardigan, using mattress stitch: when working row,... Worked differently, so it is such a fun garment to crochet hexagon cardigan pattern, and pale! Can do right now: Alright, what questions can I answer for you are endless, a! A bit on the heavier side, so it is such a fun garment to make, and it a. And Pride order your kit from LionBrand.com and choose whichever fantastic color of Coboo that speaks you!, dc 1 ; Step 3 snap version still looks polished and professional two! To you the third-made ch how to join us on this casual crochet!! Choice yarn this crochet hexagon cardigan as much as I do encounter a problem accessing any of next... For all the hard work that went into making this available for us instead, round. Numbers to each side, so please follow separate instructions for both left is from Steffi Glaves #... A fresh look to your inbox every day length you want the bottom edging of the next.... Made to order Long crochet Duster cardigan for Festivals and Pride part, and the combination do right now the... Next stitch until eor this yarn is all the details about how to join us in this hexagon! Has a hood 1st ch 3 at beginning of row enough that beginners. Is from Steffi Glaves & # x27 ; ll love watching your new favorite cardigan shape. This to us pale pink shade is very feminine some microcrochet shawl pins to help with the RS facing.!