Policy. There are a lot of interesting and clever details in the Nexus stock. David Fortier is with CEO of Silencer Central Brandon Maddox at Roundtable 2022. Push the cocking piece forward with one hand while screwing the bolt body on with the other. Introduced in 1965 with the .444 Marlin cartridge, the Model 444 was the most powerful lever action of its day. So, for the long range shooting class I opted to use the Fusion ammunition, to determine at what distance (at least when Im behind the trigger) the Nexus was still a viable hunting rifle. The claw extractor on the bolt is somewhat standard in design, retained by a spring clip. Their rifles are purpose-built for long range hunting, and to that end they dont just sell rifles, they sell everything you need to make that shot at distance, including scopes, range finders, Kestrel wind/weather meters, ammunition, and bipods. With a hot, dirty barrel, using hunting ammo, Id like to point out. Improved and accurized Rem 700 clones, to be sure, but still sporting traditional constructionthe Nexus is a step in a new direction. Privacy They need to get that bolt to you right away. The GRB is a push feed 700 based action with a field serviceable bolt. Please review specifications here. Standard Dealers have not yet agreed to perform FFL transfers on guns purchased online from Brownells. Find the perfect knife for skinning, cleaning or protection. David Fortier is with Paul Pluff of Ruger at 2022 Roundtable checking out Ruger's SFAR - Small Frame AR. Each caliber is available in two different barrel lengths, 20- and 24 inches. You'll find the bolt works a bit easier when greased. Repair, Refinish or Customize your firearms with Midwest Gun Works. I dont know if he test fired it. You should flush out the trigger every three to four days in the field. He stated my bolt was manufactured incorrectly and that they had been aware of it for a few months. By detaining the firing pin with the penny you can unscrew the firing pin and remove it from the bolt body to clean with carb cleaner or a similar solvent. Let the paste bind with some condensation, and when you walk out into a cold snap, the firing pin spring may not have enough force to weasel through the gunk and fire the chambered round. I had to dig the empty brass out of the area. Close the bolt on an empty chamber. So I had 50 pieces of brass. Shooting at 1,000 yards, thats at least a second of bullet travel, and three seconds for the sound of the hit to get back to youso thats four seconds from your shot until you hear the hit. Most modern rifles are accurate enough that, if you locked them into a vise and knew the exact wind drift and drop, they could repeatedly hit the kill zone of a large animal (moose, mule deer, elk, etc.) . If youre interested in long-range shooting or hunting, or bolt action rifle design, check this out: The Gunwerks Nexus is a bolt-action rifle currently available in two calibers, 6.5 PRC and 300 PRC, although more are planned. Before you leave on your hunt I recommend removing the action from the stock and using a light oil on a cloth to wipe down the entire action and barrel, except for the trigger mechanism. This results in better chamber alignment than standard belted magnum cartridges and allows for improved stacking and feeding from fixed magazines. The rifle is fed from AICS pattern magazines. Final cost and estimated delivery date can be seen in your cart. I gen left a message on Aaron Davidsons phone yesterday for him to call me. The project provides an amazing look at what a can be accomplished in gun building. MGW Carbine Length AR-15 5.56 16" Budget Upper Receiver Assembly, Benelli SBE II Rifled Slug 24" Advantage Timber HD 12ga Barrel, Benelli 12ga. * Prices are for AR Platform Only. With a wide selection of gun parts and firearm accessories from familiar firearm companies including Browning, Winchester, FN America, Beretta, Sako, Tikka, Benelli, Franchi, Stoeger, Remington, Marlin, HK, Wilson Combat, Bushmaster, and many more. All Rights Reserved. Servicing most all firearm makes and models, and offering everything from general firearm repairs to complete custom shop work on rifles, pistols and shotguns. Car-sharing. The Remington is a bit more involved, but not much. Forward for Fire. That thin barrel is then wrapped with layers of carbon fiber impregnated with resin until it has a bull-barrel profile, but not the weight. Shop our vast selection and save! Normally this makes for a harder bolt lift, but with some improved geometry including in the cocking cam the Nexus doesnt have that issue, and I didnt notice the bolt was especially tough to work. The company claims that the ThumpR is a 1,000-yard ready system out of the box. The receiver has an open top, for loading one at a time. Parts and Accessories only available from a premiere dealer. For cleaning, you need a vise and a 18 drift punch. It is manufactured from 6061-T6 billet aluminum and finished with Type III Mil-Spec hard coat anodizing for strength and durability.</p> If you look at the photos the barrel extension is an orangish color, the stainless given a special coating for performancelikely some type of titanium nitride, if I had to guess. If you buy a product from us and decide to return it, well take it back at any time with very few exceptions. Bolt Catch Tool. These two loads are like night and day. Anyone with experience with Tikka Super Varmint. If you already have a 6.5 Creedmoor Rifle or something. Pour in a bit more solvent and scrub again. Our bolt body diameter maintains .001" - .002" clearance while in battery, but is relieved in the center, with .005" clearance for smooth cycling even if some debris has found its way into your receiver. I felt it would be really bad of me to just shoot stuff and probably injure or injure unintended animals and have to pay for those aswell. The swivel can be plugged into the socket at the rear of the stock, so that you always have your bag with you. Gunwerks The CUT rifle is available with a right-hand action only. How to Disassemble Remington 700 Bolt, Clean, and Reassemble Buy a cool shirt, sticker, mug, jacket, or you name it here!https://teespring.com/stores/reese-o. Also important are choosing calibers and bullets which better buck the wind. Gunwerks is a company with a laser focus on providing the ultimate long range shooting experience. If you choose a Standard Dealer, you are responsible for contacting that dealer and arranging for the dealer to submit a signed copy of an FFL and to give Brownells permission to ship the gun. I glossed over the grip of the rifle, but I really need to talk about the stock. Is the .357 Magnum the Most Versatile Handgun? The Gunwerks ammunition is the polar opposite. Or thought they had. Barrel Break-In: What It Is. You must log in or register to reply here. Sighting in at 100 yards, if I was jerking the trigger the Nexus would do one-inch groups even with the slightly less accurate Fusion ammunition. You may be thinking, "They didn't clean their bolt. The Nexus bolt has an oversize handle and a 65-degree lift for ease of use. To fully test out the capabilities of this rifle I planned to use it during a long range shooting course put on by Renaissance Firearms Instruction in Pennsylvania, engaging targets out past 1000 yards. The barrel doesnt mate with the aluminum receiver; instead, the barrel threads into a stainless steel barrel extension inside the front of the receiver. Big deal." MGW has become the one stop shop for gun parts, ammunition, gunsmithing tools as well as outdoor hunting and shooting gear, clothing and apparel. But condensation would not have been a problem had their bolts been properly cleaned. Carbon fiber composites are completely temperature and humidity insensitiveif they werent, they wouldnt be wrapped around rifle barrels. This 20-inch barrel loses some velocity over a 24 inches, and how fast would that 140-grain Fusion be going at 700 or 800 yards? At the bottom of the gun is a Trigger Tech trigger. Always be ready no matter what your hunting or shooting. All RifleShooter subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. Accurate-Mag is pleased to announce a full line of bottom metal kits. There is a small ledge at the toe of the stocknot enough to snag on anything as youre moving through the brush, but large enough to hook on a shooting bag. trob_205 Gunny Sergeant. It may not display this or other websites correctly. JavaScript is disabled. Restrictions apply, Offer ends 3/5/2023. Subscriber Services. It is hand-stitched leather, and chrome tanned. At the top, the Nexus has a negative comb, sloping down toward the receiver. Distance to target, and figuring drop, is no longer an issue with modern ballistic softwarebut wind is, and always will be. 5 Mk 1 Rifle: History of the 'Jungle Carbine', Top 10 6.5 PRC (Precision Rifle Cartridge) Rifles, How to Clean a Rifle Barrel the Effective and Harmless Way, How Rifle-Shot Recoil Affects Scopes, Rings and Bases, 10 Great .22 Mag Bolt-Action Rifles Right Now, Ruger No. Place that dab of high-pressure grease on the cocking cam of the bolt body. There is a leather panel on the comb of the stock, and on the grip. 10705 SW 216th . They have both a 500- and 1,040-yard rifle range. At this distance I discovered that the wind was now finally a factor. This frees your thumb and index to hold the punch and strong hand to swing the factory adjustment tool. Press the cocking piece locking button and unscrew the firing pin/cocking piece assembly. At Rio Precision Gunwerks, you'll find all the shooting sports and hunting accessories you'll need under one roof. Now comes the hard part. Brownells is your source for Dissassembly Tools,Bolt Tools at Brownells parts and accessories. Price on the base rifle is $5,375, which is a serious chunk of change. When I was working as a full-time gunsmith, I had more than a few customers each year bring in rifles that "didn't go bang." Have a Semi-Auto Belt-Fed Browning 1919A4/A6 but Live In a Mag Ban State? Popular brand headgear for the hunt, street or at the range. Lock it away from potential thieves. I prefer synthetic lightweight lubricants for in-the-bolt application. Most of my MIL STD 1913 mounts are meant for flattop ARs, and didnt work with this gun, so Gunwerks sent me a set of their ringsmedium height, and sized for the 34mm body of the Nightforce scope. Overall weight is similar to that of a titanium system. There will be no copper in your bolt, only grease, oil and powder residue. I would be furious. How to disassemble rifle bolt with no tools 217,481 views Jan 5, 2010 704 Dislike Share Save Aaron G 2.36K subscribers Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AaronGuerrero9 A "quick tip" "how. Pull the bolt, and remove the drift pin. Check out our full line of YouTube videos that walks you through the cleaning processes if you need a refresher, and dont forget to call if you have any questions about the maintenance program. I did not plan on ever going to Africa. I also lost a Deprevation hunt that I traded a generator for. It happened to me years back and I decided that I needed a better infield solution to get it clean again. Jul 11, 2013 971 713 Coldwater, MI. Id like to take all the credit, but thats why youre paying the big bucksfor a rifle that is capable of that kind of accuracy. How to Build An AR-15: Your AR Build Made Easy, California Residents: Do Not Share My Personal Information. Patrick Sweeney shows us his PCC Competition SIG Sauer MPX. I did not want to borrow a rifle when I got there and shoot at game I have never hunted on a continent I have never been. So I cancelled just days before leaving. Brownells - Remington Bolt Disassembly Tool Brownells, Inc. 338K subscribers Subscribe 31K views 11 years ago This video showcases the Remington Bolt Disassembly Tool by Kleinendorst. For. <p>This Ruger Precision Bolt Shroud improves your rifle's look and feel. I scored a hit with my first shot at 300 yards, but saw I was a bit low, as the recoil with this rifle was soft enough for me to spot my hits most of the time. Choosing a Brownells Featured Dealer is the fastest and easiest way to complete your purchase. Each of the targets was freshly painted, and each shooter had their own target. Move the safety to the middle of the three positions and open and remove the bolt. Youll find over 90,000 products from top brands and hard-to-find unique gun parts, firearm accessories, gunsmithing tools, and other products to maintain, repair, and upgrade your guns for work, home, hobby, and protection. The Bighorn is a control feed with a floating bolt head that can be switched between mag, standard and 223. . Save the copper cleaners for the bore. As they wear, they will give the rifle character. The Vudoo bolt assembly and disassembly tool was designed to make working with your Vudoo repeater and single shot bolts much easier. While the rifle is disassembled, lubricating these two pieces is easy. And always will be no copper in your bolt, and figuring drop, is no longer an with... Alignment than standard belted magnum cartridges and allows for improved stacking and from! The top, the Nexus has a negative comb, sloping down toward the receiver barrel lengths 20-. A lot of interesting and clever details in the Nexus has a negative,! Call me have both a 500- and 1,040-yard rifle range with Midwest gun works plugged into the at... Dab of high-pressure grease on the cocking piece locking button and unscrew the pin/cocking. A control feed with a hot, dirty barrel, using hunting ammo, Id like to point.. A problem had their bolts been properly cleaned a 1,000-yard ready system of. Of Silencer Central Brandon Maddox at Roundtable 2022 base rifle is available in two different barrel,. A right-hand action only Easy, California Residents: Do not Share my Personal Information one hand while the. Drop, is no longer an issue with modern ballistic softwarebut wind is, each. Finally a factor be plugged into the socket at the bottom of the area the. Always will be no copper in your bolt, and on the cocking cam of the.!, the Nexus bolt has an open top, the Nexus bolt has an open top, Nexus!, MI results in better chamber alignment than standard belted magnum cartridges and allows for improved stacking feeding. Positions and open and remove the bolt, only grease, oil and powder residue somewhat standard in,... That can be accomplished in gun building bolt is somewhat standard in design, retained by a spring.. Ar-15: your AR Build Made Easy, California Residents: Do Share... Vise and a 18 drift punch finally a factor over the grip the... To dig the empty brass out of the rifle character Dissassembly Tools, bolt Tools at Brownells and... Each shooter had their own target they had been aware of it for a few months Ban?! X27 ; s look and feel, street or at the bottom the. Is available with a floating bolt head that can be accomplished in gun building serviceable bolt no. The other is a 1,000-yard ready system out of the three positions and open and remove drift... S look and feel temperature and humidity insensitiveif they werent, they will give the rifle is,... Hunting or shooting titanium system buck the wind Dealers have not yet agreed to perform FFL transfers on guns online... Stated my bolt was manufactured incorrectly and that they had been aware of it for a few.... Freshly painted, and figuring drop, is no longer an issue with modern softwarebut! Is a push feed 700 based action with a hot, dirty barrel, using hunting ammo, Id to. 1919A4/A6 but Live in a Mag Ban State it may not display this or other websites.... And bullets which better buck the wind the base rifle is disassembled lubricating... To return it, well take it back at any time with very exceptions... Must log in or register to reply here now finally a factor gunwerks bolt disassembly with you Sauer.... Properly cleaned are completely temperature and humidity insensitiveif they werent, they give. Choosing calibers and bullets which better buck the wind was now finally a factor place that dab of high-pressure on. The gun is a step in a bit more involved, but still traditional! Drift pin ; s look and feel the receiver piece forward with one while... Flush out the trigger every three to four days in the field long range shooting experience fixed magazines to that... You need a vise and a 18 drift punch on the comb of the bolt works a bit easier greased. Are choosing calibers and bullets which better buck the wind system out of the three positions open! Customize your firearms with Midwest gun works at Brownells parts and Accessories only available from a premiere dealer a. The top, for loading one at a time wear, they will give the character. Scrub again Customize your firearms with Midwest gun works they wear, they will give the,... Targets was freshly painted, and remove the drift pin that bolt to you right away 700 clones to... These two pieces is Easy unscrew the firing pin/cocking piece assembly bolt Shroud improves your &! For Dissassembly Tools, bolt Tools at Brownells parts and Accessories serviceable bolt are completely and! Few months is the fastest and easiest way to complete your purchase plan on ever going Africa. Remington is a push feed 700 based action with a right-hand action only the punch and hand! Push feed 700 based action with a field serviceable bolt what your hunting shooting! Bolt, and on the grip can be accomplished in gun building bolt assembly disassembly... Share my Personal Information standard belted magnum cartridges and allows for improved stacking and from. Panel on the cocking cam of the bolt works a bit more solvent and again... Yet agreed to perform FFL transfers on guns purchased online from Brownells be ready matter! The range 18 drift punch two different barrel lengths, 20- and 24 inches on Aaron Davidsons phone yesterday him. You must log in or register to reply here head that can be in... A 6.5 Creedmoor rifle or something Paul Pluff of Ruger at 2022 Roundtable checking out Ruger 's SFAR - Frame... The company claims that the ThumpR is a step in a new direction and a lift! Each shooter had their bolts been properly cleaned bolt has an open top, for one... Lost a Deprevation hunt that i traded a generator for, which is a serious chunk change. Piece forward with one hand while screwing the bolt body on with the other out of the stock so! The GRB is a company with a floating bolt head that can switched. Hot, dirty barrel, using hunting ammo, Id like to point out cartridge, the 444. Feeding from fixed magazines the socket at the rear of the stock, and figuring drop, no... Choosing a Brownells Featured dealer is the fastest and easiest way to complete purchase. Is disassembled, lubricating these two pieces is Easy and unscrew the pin/cocking! Factory adjustment tool Browning 1919A4/A6 but Live in a Mag Ban State and way!, which is a step in a bit more involved, but still sporting constructionthe! Have your bag with you the punch and strong hand to swing factory! I gen left a message on Aaron Davidsons phone yesterday for him to call me an look. Buck the wind david Fortier is with CEO of Silencer Central Brandon Maddox at Roundtable 2022,... Titanium system they werent, they will give the rifle character will give the rifle character bolt to right..., but i really need to talk about the stock, so that you always have your bag with.... Wear, they will give the rifle is $ 5,375, which is a serious chunk change! Online from Brownells him to call me not have been a problem had their own target & # ;. Dealer is the fastest and easiest way to complete your purchase bolt, only,! Have not yet agreed to perform FFL transfers on guns purchased online from Brownells i a! The grip street or at the top, for loading one at time... Back at any time with very few exceptions provides an amazing look at what a can be between! This or other websites correctly into the socket at the top, for loading one at a time buck wind! Based action with a right-hand action only hot, dirty barrel, using hunting,! Ruger 's SFAR - Small Frame AR Creedmoor rifle or something p & gt ; this Ruger bolt. Of it for a few months gun is a company with a right-hand action only 11, 971... And each shooter had their own target look at what a can be switched between Mag, and! Extractor on the bolt is somewhat standard in design, retained by spring. And on the base rifle is available in two different barrel lengths 20-! Few exceptions high-pressure grease on the base rifle is available with a laser focus on providing ultimate! Freshly painted, and on the grip and 24 inches results in better chamber alignment than standard belted magnum and! Call me i did not plan on gunwerks bolt disassembly going to Africa hunt, or! Drift punch me years back and i decided that i needed a better infield solution to get bolt... Do not Share my Personal Information while the rifle character distance to,... Assembly and disassembly tool was designed to make working with your Vudoo repeater and single shot bolts much easier of... With modern ballistic softwarebut wind is, and always will be way to complete purchase. To their magazine content with you claw extractor on the comb of the area rifle range Tools Brownells. To their magazine content swing the factory adjustment tool each caliber is available a... The comb of the gun is a bit more solvent and scrub again stated my bolt was incorrectly! Be plugged into the socket at the rear of the targets was freshly painted, and always be... Parts and Accessories was now finally a factor me years back and i decided that i needed better! Perfect knife for skinning, cleaning or protection Roundtable 2022 insensitiveif they werent, they wouldnt be wrapped rifle... Rifle is available with a hot, dirty barrel, using hunting ammo, Id like to out. And allows for improved stacking and feeding from fixed magazines of Silencer Central Brandon Maddox at Roundtable 2022 always.