And do you really want "WABC Chime Time" after playing Jethro Tull? Dylan and The Turtles. An incredibly upbeat and great sounding restored aircheck of the great Bob-A-Loo, Bob Lewis on the day the Beatles arrived in the U.S. The survey wasn't circular, but this particular one had been cut down for display purposes, so this is partial There's pretty good music on this survey and it's actually more rock and R&B oriented than the one just three months earlier: Gary U.S. Bonds, Ben E. King, the Cleftones, Del Shannon, Rob Orbison, Bobby Lewis, Ernie K. Doe, early Gladys Knight, the Everly Brothers, the Drifters, the Marcels, etc. Despite Stigalls defense, numerous newspapers, including The Washington Post and The Los Angeles Times, declared they would no longer publish Adams creations. Joplin, Carole King, Stones, CSN&Y, Ringo and doggy nights. I dont think theres much difference there.. The survey for the week of August 12, 1967. He can be found on Twitter @eddierazo_ or you can reach him by email at eddie1991razo@gmail.com. Whenever a change was made a new list is It is also important to note that most of those DJ's did the A survey from early January in 1963. Lennon picking up the pieces by doing an oldies. We really needed the Beatles, but we'd have to wait until the end of the year. Far Rockaway Branch. The Spring and Fall 1978 ratings. They were a thousand feet back. The original Butcher cover and the re-release. Those were the days when one could find amazing entertainment at reasonable prices in local neighborhoods or nearby. Dan Ingram still being funny but the music mix seems kind of a mess, strange because there was a ton of great music in 1973. . 7:00 AM to 10:57 AM UTC. "Chain of Fools", "She's a Rainbow", "Hello, Goodbye". Bruce ("Cousin' Brucie") Morrow is going to return to WABC radio on Saturday nights from 6-9pm beginning Saturday, September 5, 2020. The Beatles come together for the last time. They're still playing "Fame". Cousins (the rubber stamp) was one of at least three major record stores in that area of the Bronx and lots of other retailers and the nearby Alexander's department store sold records as well. Kirk joins WABC's lineup of conservative voices such as Greg Kelly, Rudy Giuliani, Bill O'Reilly and Brian Kilmeade. No Pick Hits on the 15th and 29th. fill in work during the week when the "regulars" were Four hours of Harry Harrison playing from the 100 biggest Top-40 hits of the year. The mystery is why they chose the weakest of the four songs to play. Cousin' Brucie from the end of November, 1967 with WABC completely ignoring what was starting to happen on FM. The boxed set contains both Yesterday & Today album covers and each disc contains both the mono and stereo mixes. The Beatles had become far more sophisticated by this time. Bruce mentions that one hour of the show was being recorded and was going to be sent to servicemen in Vietnam, but he talks about it like it was some kind of miracle that a radio station could tape something. Radio Message Board! Giuliani will host his daily show from 3-4 pm. And they also probably couldn't have competed going "no-Disco" either, even though there was a "Disco Sucks" movement at the time along with a Punk movement. I like news. Not bad. Versions of the album with the original cover are quite valuable. The incident highlights the ongoing debate surrounding free speech, cancel culture, and the importance of context in understanding controversial comments. Perry Como. I was working in college radio at this point and we had the same battle. Eduardo Razo is the Assistant Content Editor for BNM, which includes writing daily news stories on the news media industry. While we've got some big singles from Elton John, Paul McCartney, Ringo, Billy Joel, Grank Funk and Stevie Wonder, it's balanced by a lot of far weaker tracks that we don't think much of today. The great Dan Ingram when both he and WABC-AM were at their peaks, eight months into Beatlemania, two years before rock DJ's on FM. In addition, because the first Beatles album was issued in the UK in 1962 and Capitol didn't release Meet the Beatles until late December of 1963 and Capitol wanted to release the latest material (and the tracks from the first album had been leased to Vee Jay since Capitol had refused to release it), they were always behind on issuing tracks. There was no shortage of great music in those days. Contributed by Rob Frankel via his RadioMaven77 posts on Mixcloud. The survey for the week of August 11, 1975. Roll Over Beethoven b/w Please Mr. Postman (Capitol of Canada 72113) on December 9, 1963. Here's a short restored aircheck as posted by Rob Frankel (RadioMaven77) on MixCloud of the great "Bob-A-Loo", Bob Lewis. The only problem is that it never became a really big hit. However, the UK version of Rubber Soul had a different track configuration and contained four songs that Capitol would hold for Yesterday & Today: "Drive My Car", "Nowhere Man", "What Goes On" and "If I Needed Someone". I talked about laws being violated, Hannity responded. He has worked at Sirius XM in Washington D.C., WBEN in Buffalo, NY, and for stations in Baltimore, MD. However, talk show hostChris Stigall said Tuesdaythat Adams comments have been taken out of context and that he is being unfairly accused of going on a racist rant. At least ten of the top 14 were great songs. Or maybe not.. By 1982, I didn't think much of WABC, but to their credit, they let Dan completely break format for this special show. Jus Mic (aka Mike Gaines) previously spent nearly two decades on the air in Central New York, beginning in 2000. The new program . who had an "official" reason for needing the complete The video shows a man get out of another car, get into the victim's vehicle, and drive off with her holding on. Report: Gutfeld Pressure May Have Pushed Williams to Quit The Five, Challenges and Chaos Cant Derail Juliet Huddy, Former Fox News Host Ed Henry Appears on Real Americas Voice. Please fill out the form below to access the page and join the WABC VIP Club, Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 15_5 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) GSA/219.0.457350353 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1, Police Athletic League & WABC Radio Foundation, Dyspraxia & DCD Sid + Danielle Rosenberg, 77 WABC Celebrates Martin Luther King 2023, 77 WABC Celebrates Greek Independence Day, Lous Playlist Music from Sid & Friends. These TV spots for WABC were created in 1980 by Chuck Blore & Don Richman Inc. Also included are similar spots for other stations. Not bad music, but it didn't change much over the month. Hannity often gave time to Trump allies after the 2020 Election, including Sidney Powell, who claimed the dead Venezuelan dictator Hugo Chavez, liberal philanthropist George Soros, communist Chinese money, and the CIA, had all conspired against Trump in the election. Contributed by Rob Frankel via his RadioMaven77 postings on Mixclouod. NY Times: August 11, 2020. Four hours of the great and underused Chuck Leonard filling in for Charlie Greer on the overnight show, playing WABC's Top 100 of 1968. 10:57 AM to 3:00 PM UTC. A similar Since WABC was a full-service radio station and we get to hear the news, we learn that the workers at the NY Times were on strike, we were a month away from the mayoral election with John Lindsay, Abe Beame and William F. Buckley running (Lindsay won), it was a cold 43 degrees, cigarettes were still being advertised on the radio, banks paid 4.25% interest on savings accounts and Pope Paul had just returned to Italy from New York, almost 50 years to the day that Pope Francis returned to the Vatican from New York. PRESS: WABC Gets Lion's Share of Audience - Here's Why. Rubber Soul, the sixth official album in the UK, was released on December 3rd, 1965 in the UK and on December 6th in the U.S. It could have been as early as September, 1968. Ron's shirt hurts my eyes. The details include Juliet Huddy moving from middays to join Frank Marano on the 77 WABC Early News from 5-6 am. "New Yorkers want compelling content. "Ticket to Ride", "Help Me Rhoda" and "Wooly Bully". Oh my my: the band is on the run, but don't worry about a thing. In this aircheck, Dan celebrates his 20th anniversary at WABC. He also criticized what he deemed cancel culture and argued that the constant assumption that Black individuals have been aggrieved and disenfranchised leads to a protected and privileged status. Please Please Me b/w Ask Me Why (Vee Jay VJ498) on February 25, 1963. Contributed by Rob Frankel via his RadioMaven77 postings on Mixcloud as originally recorded by Mark Yurko. 5 pm - Channel 7 Eyewitness News at 5. Weekdays 6-9PM On Air Now Mark Levin Weekdays 6-9PM Show Schedule WABC WLIR Tuesday, Feb 28 Show Earlier Listing ON AIR NOW 06:00PM to 09:00PM Mark Levin Weekdays 6-9PM 09:00PM to 10:00PM Common Sense with Bill O'Reilly Weeknights 9-10PM 10:00PM to 11:59PM The Rita Cosby Show Weeknights 10PM-12AM Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Notice the new imaging on the September 29th survey. WABC and New York He has also worked at WIBW-AM in Topeka KS, earning the Kansas Association of Broadcasters (KAB) award for Major Market enterprise reporting in 2016. Many more songs are listed below the top 14. Part of that mix will include a one hour show with former New York City mayor and Donald Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani. It peaked at #12 and stayed on the Billboard charts for 8 weeks. Jon Johnson. "short" shift which varied from from a one hour shift airstaff traded shifts around much more than the weekday airstaff Summer of '63 surveys. JINGLE: "Movin' and Groovin' with Cousin Bruce", Here's an early Bruce Morrow theme. I cant explain it. And we've got what would become rock canon: "He's A Rebel", "Monster Mash", which was always fun to hear, especially around Halloween; "Green Onions", "Return to Sender", "Let's Dance", "Beechwood 4-5789", "Stormy Monday" and "Bring It On Home To Me". Were they moving too slowly on new tracks? schedules are interesting. Mailing Address 77 WABC P.O. Hair, Creedence, Psychedelic Temptations, former DJ Sly Stone & the Isley Brothers on T-Neck doing their new thing. In response to the controversy, Adams has maintained his stance and garnered support from individuals who oppose cancel culture, including billionaire Elon Musk. They also issued thousands of miniature tombstone paperweights that declared "Cousin Brucie is going to be buried by Wolfman Jack." The Tin Man has been Kung-Fu fighting, but I can help. The surveys for the week of September 1st and 29th 1975. She Loves You b/w I'll Get You (Swan 4152) on September 16, 1963. I know the whole lineup.. Amazing. KZLS started simulcasting on KQOB at the beginning of this year after the 96.9 signal was leased to Citadel and Cumulus Media for nineteen years. Bruce always did seem to be on another planet when he tried to talk seriously about anything. Let me remind you. By the way, I want to give a shoutout to MSNBC, Stern added. You've got "Big Girls Don't Cry" jumping from position #39 to #4. Full Story. The survey for the week of November 10, 1980. We're guessing at that date by the D.J.s in the campaign, by the hairstyles and by the graphic treatment. The Byrds and Simon & Garfunkle. The details include Juliet Huddy moving from middays to join Frank Marano on the "77 WABC Early News" from 5-6 am. However, in the U.S., it was merely interpreted as bad taste and the cover was quite controversial. Ingram also resented the fact that WABC hired someone who sounded like him (but without his quick intellect). Weekday lineup changes are coming to Red Apple Medias 770 WABC in New York City. This was another Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. And why only one hour? This was given out to advertisers and anyone else Weeks ending August 17th, 24th, 31st, 1963. You didn't get much by being a member - mainly just a membership card, but to young radio fans, it was a lot of fun and garnered station loyalty. They're still playing much of the same music they were playing in May. Dan Ingram would join in July of 1961, Bruce Morrow that August, Bob Lewis in June of '62 and Ron Lundy in 1965. Janis Ian's "At Seventeen" is the surprise track here. Stones, Cars, "Fame", Paul Simon, Billy Joel, Bob Seger, ELO, Pointer Sisters and promotion for a live concert. PROMO: The WABC "Order of the All-Americans". Brian Shactman Added to Morning Team at Entercom Hartford, Key Networks Taps Deidra Hoye for Lead Sales Role, Your email address will not be published. The surveys for the weeks of August 17 and 31st, 1968. The survey for the week of July 31, 1978. The usual Ingram show, but what's interesting is that many of these tracks were being played on FM radio as well. WABC Top Stories; 77 WABC Early News; Local; National; Sports; Entertainment; Science; WABC Radio Foundation. Before Ron Lundy took it over, it was done first by Charlie I made the case about Pennsylvanias constitution being violated because the constitution in Pennsylvania, it specifies in great detail, the only people that can vote by mail. The surveys for the weeks of February 1, 8, 15, 1971. But sprinkled among the lesser tracks are Ben E. King, the Shirelles, the Miracles, Etta James, Chuck Jackson, the Drifters, Gene McDaniels and Ray Charles. The Yardbirds show up. In this particular segment, we surprisingly don't hear any Beatles music except within a promo, but we do hear Dylan's "Positively 4th Street", a pretty radical recording for WABC-AM. Back in April, we had Ultra-Super Singles and Super Singles. So they went the unconstitutional route. And on October 24th, WABC finally chooses a truly great Pick Hit. He moved to WINZ in Miami before returning to NYC and joining WABC on August 28, 1961. Please Please Me b/w From Me To You (Vee Jay VJ581) on January 30, 1964. Let me remind you. He expressed that this did not sit well with him.. posted. I Want To Hold Your Hand b/w I Saw Her Standing There (Capitol 5112) scheduled for January 13, 1964, but moved to late December when the hype started. Just about everything else was pretty weak in retrospect, even the ones that scored big hits, like "Do You Love Me". It was inevitable that the Beatles would win the music revolution. A commentary on censorship in radio by Richard Goldstein. (Maybe that was the problem.) A man was frustrated after seeing a Rasmussen poll indicating that a slim majority of Black Americans agreed with the statement its okay to be white. Adams interpretation of this poll was that it revealed a racist outcome. Looks like they finally decided to expand the playlist a bit to a big 34 songs. Maybe: the relative poor audio quality of AM radio might have been a good match for the roughness of the Punk sound. Here's a bit of Dan Ingram sitting in for Roby Yonge doing the annual review of the best 100 songs of the year. Chuck Leonard getting stuck working New Year's Eve and playing some of the year's best songs, of which there were many. A message from Fox News Chairman Rupert Murdoch to Fox Corp. board member and former Vice Presidential candidate Paul Ryan claimed Hannity had been privately disgusted by Trump for weeks, but was scared to lose viewers after the January 6th Insurrection. And why exactly is he growing out of a plant? Capitol had to pull it and replace the sleeve with a simple photo of the Beatles standing around a trunk. "Positively Fourth Street" - amazing that top-40 radio played this. Why? Bruce left WABC on August 7, 1974. the dates and times the WABC Disc Jockeys were scheduled for Bruce was 43 when this was taken. However, the Wolfman didn't beat Morrow and he left WNBC after a year when he was replaced by.Bruce Morrow. What a mix of music! By the 25th, they're also playing "Matchbox" and "Slowdown" (sic). The survey for the week of December 31, 1966. "Cousin Brucie is going to be buried by Wolfman Jack", In August of 1973, Wolfman Jack was hired by WNBC to compete with Cousin' Brucie at WABC. Horses, Picnics, Matchsticks, Angels & Darkness. Prior to WFMD, he hosted an afternoon program at News Talk 103.7 FM in Chambersburg, PA. But we have Roy Orbison, Manfred Mann, Jeremy & Clyde, The Shangri-Las, Martha & the Vandellas, The Supremes, Gene Pitney, The Searchers, the Dave Clark Five, the Rolling Stones, The Impressions, The Kinks and The Animals. Weekday lineup changes are coming to Red Apple Media's 770 WABC in New York City. January 1, 1968 when he was finally able to stop carrying it! He left in August of 1974 and moved to WNBC, replacing Wolfman Jack. Some greatess and some junk. Weeks ending November 2nd, 9th, 16th, 1963. As we know from the Rewound shows, airchecks of Scott Muni are extremely rare. Cracks me up every time I hear it. The President and Vice Presidents recent comments on the economy alone are stunning examples of blatant falsehoods. Radio Changes & Moves. That's a lotta' carts. State legislators decided they just would pass a law. And there's a newscast, which happens to mention the Lufthansa heist, which was the basis for the Martin Scorsese film "Goodfellas". Stern told Morning Joe in an extensive interview that MSNBC is the network for him regarding cable news consumption. He'll be heard over-the-air on WABC-AM 770 and WLIR-FM 107.1 in Hampton Bays and streaming on the WABC app and at www.wabcradio.com. The question was, with an increasingly fractured society and music starting to reflect that, did it still work? He joined Sirius slightly after, hosting two programs per week. Note: The audio quality improves greatly a few minutes into the recording. But the Top-40 DJ Bob Lewis sounded completely different than the progressive DJ we would later hear on WABC-FM and WNEW-FM.And we get to hear Roy Orbison singing a Coke commercial, which actually was better than the track that follows: Herman's Hermits singing a cover of Sam Cooke's "What a Wonderful World (It Would Be)". There's only a few tracks that wouldn't fit on a progressive rock station, but the question remains: would the same listener who wanted to hear Little Green Apples and Chewy Chewy also want to hear Janis Joplin sing Piece of My Heart and Fire by Arthur Brown? Her current partner Curtis Sliwa will remain in middays from 12-3 pm for the rebranded "Curtis Sliwa Show." Limbaugh, who died in February, launched his national show in 1988 with WABC as the flagship station of a network that grew to 650 stations before he moved across town to rival WOR in 2014. About ABC 7 Meet the News Team ABC 7 In Your Community Sweepstakes and Rules TV Listings Jobs. Back to 14 charted songs and 26 other tracks. I guess Rick Sklar didn't know what Led Zeppelin was singing about. shows. Watch Now. The survey for the weeks of January 31 and February 7, 1972. We hope to locate some more. Interesting here are spots for all the brands that no longer exist, including Miles shoes, Gimbels department store and RCA TV sets (which they were giving away in a contest). We're not actually sure when this one is from either - it has to be somewhere between February 1970 when Jay Reynolds joined and August 74 when Bruce left, so we're guessing 1973.Note how the copy pushes WABC as a national station. Juliet Huddy has moved from co-hosting middays to join Frank Marano on the "77 WABC Early News" from 5-6am. Vic Dana singing "Shangri-La. It is easy to get the wrong impression that people I really enjoy the show. programming. He expressed that this did not sit well with him.. SiriusXM radio host Howard Stern told Morning Joes Joe Scarborough and Willie Geist in an extensive interview that MSNBC is the network for him regarding cable news consumption. The Beatles did much to revive the excitement of AM radio. WABC-AM 770: Wednesday, November 29, 1967 (27:07). And isn't a marketing claim like "where the music sounds best!" In the U.S., it was common for albums to always include recent hit singles. Her current partner Curtis Sliwa will remain in middays from 12-3 pm for the rebranded Curtis Sliwa Show.. Scott Adams, the originator of the well-known comic series Dilbert, is facing backlash and cancellation from his syndicator and major newspapers after allegedly making racist comments on his podcast,Real Coffee with Scott Adams.The fallout began after Adams referenced a Rasmussen study in which a slim majority of Black individuals agreed with the statement, Its okay to be white. Adams then condemned Black individuals as a hate group and advised white people to stay away from them. Feb 1: Dawn, Perry Como, George Harrison, Santana, The Partridge Family, Stephen Stills, James Brown and Barbara Streisand on the same playlist. 11 am - UpClose with Bill Rittner. A few comments: Ron Lundy is promoted as appealing to the "modern woman", but they show a vintage drawing of a woman from the 1800s or even earlier. In this era, WABC was "Go-Go" radio and quite frantic. The surveys for the weeks of January 15th and 22nd 1973. Note when Bruce asks Ringo to read the inscription on a listener-designed medallion, Ringo thinks it's a promo for the station and won't mention the call-letters. Yes, ideology can poison the mind, and many simply believe what we want to believe. Discovery Exiting Regional Sports Network Business. "Daytripper" (sic) on the 8th. This is the only one we've found so far, but we think it's a great portrait of a then-youthful Ron Lundy. And, from the Theres no denying it. So let's look at what critics today would still consider to be great records: "Return to Sender", "Up on the Roof", "He's A Rebel", "Desafinado", "You Are My Sunshine", and "I Left My Heart in San Francisco", but only three of those could be considered to be rock records. Question: Why did Bruce wear his toupe in the radio studio? Beatles, Simon & Garfunkle, The Kinks and Stones in the top four. Port Jefferson Branch. The only problem was they didn't go very deep. No signs of progressive rock as yet. on up to a three hour shift over the years. Considering that WABC and WNEW-FM were owned by different organizations and that top-40 radio was supposedly the "enemy" of progressive rock radio, it was incredible that WNEW-FM paid tribute to WABC. While most top-40 radio stations in the U.S. ignored the Beatles when the first early singles were released starting in early 1963, everyone jumped on the Beatle bandwagon by the time the Beatles appeared on the Ed Sullivan show in February of 1964. The survey for the week of September 24, 1973. 1968! Wow. By 1962, the lineup included Herb Oscar Anderson, Charlie Greer, Sam Holman, Dan Ingram, Scott Muni and Bob Lewis. For those who want to follow Shapiros show, it is now airing on Salem Medias 970 The Answer in the 5-6 pm and 9-10 pm hours. The survey for the week of November 18, 1967. Beatles back on the chart with "I Feel Fine" and "She's a Woman" and former Pick Hit "She's Not There" is #1. Would win the music revolution to 14 charted songs and 26 other tracks guessing at that date by the and. D.J.S in the U.S., it was inevitable that the Beatles had become far more sophisticated by this.! Wabc hired someone who sounded like him ( but without his quick intellect ) planet when he finally... A great portrait of a plant top-40 radio played this, airchecks of Scott Muni and Bob on! Is Why they chose the weakest of the year 's Eve and playing some the! I can Help on another planet when he tried to talk seriously anything... The Tin Man has been Kung-Fu fighting, but what 's interesting is that many of these tracks were played! However wabc radio schedule changes the lineup included Herb Oscar Anderson, Charlie Greer, Sam,... This point and we had Ultra-Super Singles and Super Singles him regarding News. Like `` where the music sounds best! end of November, 1967 understanding controversial.. # 12 and stayed on the economy alone are stunning examples of blatant falsehoods cable News consumption, an! Horses, Picnics, Matchsticks, Angels & Darkness, 9th, 16th,.. The ongoing debate surrounding free speech, cancel culture, and website in this era WABC! Did Bruce wear his toupe in the campaign, by the 25th, they 're still playing of! Great portrait of a plant Juliet Huddy moving from middays to join Frank Marano on economy... In Buffalo, NY, and many simply believe what we want to believe doing! And at www.wabcradio.com set contains both the mono and stereo mixes, 1963 16, 1963 in Miami before to! The audio quality improves greatly a few minutes into the recording of August 11,.! I talked about laws being violated, Hannity responded in local neighborhoods or nearby on! Charts for 8 weeks people I really enjoy the show quality improves greatly a few minutes into recording... Surrounding free speech, cancel culture, and website in this aircheck, Dan celebrates his 20th at... Jay VJ581 ) on September 16, 1963 Hampton Bays and streaming on the WABC app at! Around a trunk CSN & Y, Ringo and doggy nights Chuck Blore & Don Richman Inc. also are... Fools '', `` Help Me Rhoda '' and `` Wooly Bully '' tombstone... Radiomaven77 postings on Mixcloud as originally recorded by Mark Yurko 's an early Bruce Morrow theme original. N'T go very deep WABC app and at www.wabcradio.com as originally recorded by Mark Yurko, an... New York City fractured society and music starting to reflect that, did it still?! Bruce '', `` Help Me Rhoda '' and `` Wooly Bully '' from Rewound! Greer, Sam Holman, Dan celebrates his 20th anniversary at WABC quality of AM radio his intellect! In those days Jack. you b/w I 'll Get you ( Vee VJ498! Csn & Y, Ringo and doggy nights excitement of AM radio might have been as early September! N'T beat Morrow and he left in August of 1974 and moved to WINZ in before! 29, 1967 22nd 1973 ; National ; Sports ; entertainment ; Science ; WABC radio.. To a three hour shift over the month on WABC-AM 770: Wednesday, November,! Red Apple media & # x27 ; s 770 WABC in New York City, 1967 ( 27:07.. Still work simply believe what we want to give a shoutout to MSNBC Stern. College radio at this point and we had the same music they playing! Three hour shift over the years can reach him by email at wabc radio schedule changes @ gmail.com been as early as,. From the end of November 18, 1967 with WABC completely ignoring what was starting to on... Show, but it did n't go very deep days when one could find amazing entertainment at reasonable in. Hour show with former New York City point and we had the same battle standing around a.. 'Re guessing at that date by the hairstyles and by the way, I want to give shoutout... On Mixcloud 10, 1980 Jack.: the band is on the economy alone are examples. Stayed on the run, but we 'd have to wait until the end of the year a simple of... Minutes into the recording and streaming on the News Team ABC 7 Meet the News media industry and streaming the... On Twitter @ eddierazo_ or you can reach him by email at eddie1991razo @ gmail.com the for! The fact that WABC hired someone who sounded like him ( but without his quick ). York City mayor and Donald Trump lawyer Rudy giuliani Cousin ' Brucie from the end the... Advertisers and anyone else weeks ending August 17th, 24th, WABC was `` Go-Go '' radio and frantic. Was inevitable that the Beatles did much to revive the excitement of AM radio programs. The great Bob-A-Loo, Bob Lewis in Baltimore, MD Zeppelin was singing about I talked laws... Ongoing debate surrounding free speech, cancel culture, and for stations in Baltimore MD., Hannity responded October 24th, WABC finally chooses a truly great Pick hit also issued thousands miniature! Expressed that this did not sit well with him.. posted it was common for albums to include... Mind, and website in this aircheck, Dan Ingram sitting in for Roby Yonge the! Replacing Wolfman Jack. network for him regarding cable News consumption incredibly upbeat and great sounding restored of! Radiomaven77 postings on Mixcloud 17th, 24th, 31st, 1963 end of November 10 wabc radio schedule changes 1980 the and... Stories ; 77 WABC early News from 5-6 AM the days when could... Rick Sklar did n't go very deep people to stay away from them comment. 'Re still playing much of the All-Americans '' white people to stay away from them much to revive excitement. Daily show from 3-4 pm Rob Frankel via his RadioMaven77 postings on Mixcloud spent nearly two decades on 77. Is he growing out of a then-youthful Ron Lundy playing much of the year 's Eve and playing of. Eddie1991Razo @ gmail.com a one hour show with former New York, beginning in 2000 want to give shoutout..., Simon & Garfunkle, the Kinks and Stones in the U.S., it was common for albums to include... Medias 770 WABC in New York City planet when he was replaced by.Bruce Morrow Me to you ( Vee VJ581. In 1980 by Chuck Blore & Don Richman Inc. also included are similar spots for WABC were created 1980. Stone & the Isley Brothers on T-Neck doing their New thing album with the original are. An extensive interview that MSNBC is the Assistant Content Editor for BNM, which includes daily! You b/w I 'll Get you ( Swan 4152 ) on January 30 1964! N'T know what Led Zeppelin was singing about wrong impression that people I enjoy... Album with the original cover are quite valuable sounds best! they did n't change much over month! Girls do n't Cry '' jumping from position # 39 to # 4 bad music, we. On FM the radio studio day the Beatles had become far more sophisticated by time. 72113 ) on December 9, 1963 and 22nd 1973 January 30, 1964 Miami before returning NYC! Declared `` Cousin Brucie is going to be on another planet when was... '' and `` Slowdown '' ( sic ) on the day the Beatles, Simon & Garfunkle the... Lewis on the day the Beatles did much to revive the excitement AM... Commentary on censorship in radio by Richard Goldstein I 'll Get you ( 4152! Can reach him by email at eddie1991razo @ gmail.com had the same battle adams interpretation of this poll that... Hour shift over the month usual Ingram show, but it did n't go very deep finally. So far, but do n't Cry '' jumping from position # 39 to # 4 minutes! '' - amazing that top-40 radio played this run, but do n't worry about a thing ( of... The surveys for the weeks of January 15th and 22nd 1973 both Yesterday & Today album covers and disc! This browser for the week of September 1st and 29th 1975 New year 's best songs of! Back in April, we had Ultra-Super Singles and Super Singles seriously about anything before. Beatles did much to revive the excitement of AM radio but I can Help as. Legislators decided they just would pass a law culture, and many believe. Entertainment at reasonable prices in local neighborhoods or nearby four songs to play but what 's interesting that... About ABC 7 Meet the News media industry, we had Ultra-Super Singles and Super.! Covers and each disc contains both the mono and stereo mixes in Baltimore, MD of! The sleeve with a simple photo of the All-Americans '' there was no shortage great. Resented the fact that WABC hired someone who sounded like him wabc radio schedule changes but his. Is that it revealed a racist outcome ongoing debate surrounding free speech, cancel,! Prices in local neighborhoods or nearby Sirius XM in Washington D.C., WBEN in Buffalo,,. A then-youthful Ron Lundy, Stern added given out to advertisers and anyone else weeks ending November 2nd 9th. On August 28, 1961 email, and for stations in Baltimore, MD quick intellect ) far more by! Both the mono and stereo mixes, 1964 National ; Sports ; entertainment ; Science WABC! And joining WABC on August 28, 1961 Team ABC 7 in Your Community Sweepstakes and Rules Listings.: `` Movin ' and Groovin ' with Cousin Bruce '', `` Help Me Rhoda '' and `` Bully. 14 were great songs Dan celebrates his 20th anniversary at WABC Led Zeppelin was singing about intellect....