I will check on this for you. A group of amputee Vietnam veterans talk together at a hospital in San Francisco, California, 1967. jeff clutter. That takes courage to return to war, or maybe they wanted to get out of a statside armpit like I did when reassigned to Fort Lewis, Washington But he remains angry that other veterans' last days are consumed by fighting the same government they went to war for as young men. 1 How long did a soldier have to serve in Vietnam? I was never a prisner but could relate to some of the tings the men talked about.I can also relate to the tinngs you talk about,, Any time Im around a crowd (large or small) I like to be where I can keep up w/everything going on around meUse to have panic attacks really bad if I had to be in publicWith help from VA mental health and medication Im now a lot better off.. I have had cancer in the crease of my neck were a knot on a kerchief rubbed, and sores in my scalp were the canvas of the helmet sat on my head. Please look at his webpage: Vietnam for two tours. Reading Shineskis October news release, which promised a fast track response to those who suffered from ISD, I immediately re-filed with VA. A few days later VA issued a bulletin essentially saying, Whoa, the approvals would be delayed until sometime in summer 2010 because it had to be published with the Federal government.. Starting to live with zest at 60 aint so bad. CIB air medalan dall that. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser. A fellow soldier in the 134th assault helicopter company with me shot and killed himself just down the hall from where I slept while I was sleeping. Related:More evidence Agent Orange causes cancer. This is around 9.7 percent of the generation at the time. He said the approval came right after his doctor wrote a letter saying his bile duct cancer was "more likely than not" caused by liver flukes from the uncooked fish he and his unit in Vietnam ate when they ran out of rations in the jungle. am i misrepresenting myself, id really like to know. I left the Corps in 1970 and went to work as a Police Officer in a large southern city. It stopped short of urging them to get ultrasounds or other tests, saying there was currently no evidence the vets had higher infection rates than the general population. The men who were drafted served and did their jobs well they were all soldiers. Criteria for Eligibility second tour. Give me a week. Needless to say neither of us flew again after that, he is 100% PTSD . So few can imagine that we were really sprayed with chemicals and had to live with the year of VA Denial. No more mr. Nice Guy. In my 60s now, retired disabled veteran live on my little firebase with my wife we both married for the first time she was 41 I was 43 share our life with our 11 dogs and 2 cats. You couldnt believe that people were cheering you.. Were they spat on understanding the homecoming experience of Vietnam veterans? I just wonder how many of us boots on decks guys are going to be dying off before the VA and congress realize that we are due for our agent orange exposure also. Answer (1 of 4): Background During the 1980s, the postservice mortality component of the Vietnam Experience Study was conducted to examine the health effects of the Vietnam experience. Hundreds of veterans have been infected by a slow-killing parasite while fighting in Southeast Asia. And instead of getting return peace fingers, I got the middle finger.. where did this nunber come from, the people I am dealing with look closely at source material and I would really like to use this. Three weeks ago I suffered by 4th stroke, each attributed to ISD. Like I always said .we died in Nam , just havent fallen over yet.Too bad all the imposters dont die just as quick or quicker. How old would the youngest Vietnam vet be now? Veterans Fight PTSD and Injuries With Sailing, More Than 100 Sickened in Arizona Cryptosporidium Parasite Outbreak. Wished I knew who implanted it. what does that tell u? I came home in 69, my hair fell our,got big pustuals on my back, and skin problems immediately. In 1982 Vietnam veterans march down Constitution Avenue toward the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, which would be dedicated later that day. Northport VA Medical Center spokesman Christopher Goodman confirmed the New York facility collected the samples and sent them to the lab. What amazes me however is that so many of my comrades who served in Vietnam and who suffer from many of the maladies associated with this war would serve again. If true, 390 VN vets die a day so in 2,190 days from today, Lost a friend after a going away party when he took one last flight the day after the party. Thus, a follow-up mo. Listed here are the four Vietnam veterans with the youngest ages. . Related: More Than 100 Sickened in Arizona Cryptosporidium Parasite Outbreak, "In the best of all worlds, if you came down with cholangiocarcinoma, just like Agent Orange, you automatically were in," he said, referring to benefits granted to veterans exposed to the toxic defoliant sprayed in Vietnam. So my main man at the DAV said were not going to appeal. Stay alive & sane thanks to Valium I am still alive for now NOT from the V.A., I use my own Doctor. Your email address will not be published. Hope to have it out this year if I get the bucks together. The Vietnam Veterans Memorial was dedicated on November 10 . Lincoln, Nebraska is where I call home. How many Vietnam vets are dying each day? Are Vietnam vets respected? I had them look at my VA narrative pointing out stressors and stressor events in the Nam. (LOL) By way of the SHADS project, we are still handling claims of radiation exposure in WWll and those who went to ABC school in the Navy; Atomic, Biological, Chemical Warfare training on ships in the early 1960s. Well, one thing to remember is that not all Vietnam veterans were born in 1945 or later. and not one guy in my group had ever said that they were spit upon!! "It was surprising," he said, stressing the preliminary results could include false positives and that the research is ongoing. The Vietnam War lasted from 1964-1973the longest war in American history until it was overtaken by the one in Afghanistanand servicemen typically did one-year tours of duty. We returned home to an uncertain future with no skills needed in the civilian world, we would make our way the best we could in this That in a sense is a violation of Federal law and should be attacked by those with means to do so. Another who is 85,from Colorado and was on the USS Rhona in Tunisia in the early stages of WWll who filed his claim at age 80 for PTSD. So the last 14 years we are dying too fast, only the few will survive by Welcome Home John. Your email address will not be published. I have written letters for soldiers I personally witnessed in combat situations and almost all were evaluated and received long over-due compensation. And before we ate our food they came from the beach and were to be sprayed along with everything else that the VA is making this presumption for having boots on the ground for even one minute. Mike: Served in the 5th SFGA 4th ID, and E/20th Inf from 69-71; went from E1 to E6 all in the 11B series. sent back to the 4/18 artillery, the same unit I left in Germany. The Current Situation Regarding the Missing and Unaccounted for American Service Members Who Were Killed in Vietnam. Cheers. Often, just being in the TAOR, tactical area of responsibility will qualify you for a CIB? The number of Vietnam veterans affected by the chemical Agent Orange is astonishing. But the specter of Vietnam still lingers, and some of that wars veterans view such acts with a wary glance. Mike why is gods name would all these people claim to have went to that septic tank they call vietnam? didn't know who they were fighting and dying for. Walker another 4 year RA, he left Germany volunteered for Vietnam, assigned to to How do I unlock Wattpad stories without paying? . i just learned, they are going to give me 40% for a couple things. If you fought in Vietnam you were watching your . We returned back to NY on Jan. 2, 1968. I am at 760-550-8083 We can work on both at the same time. The disability compensation that some veterans get from the VA is factored into the average for veterans. Two of my long-time friends are in-country veterans. In 2018, the median income of Vietnam veterans and that of non-veterans was almost equivalent: It was significantly lower for veterans, who had served their country between the ages of 63 and 78 at the time, coming in at $63,300 as opposed to the average of $65,000 for nonveterans. Thats 390 per day. I found out he was on the plane behind me after roll call satin the rain and mud I was nearly arrested for trying to defend my honor and service against that idiot. I guess its a compliment to us allthat all these wannabees are prentnding to be vets but I still get pizzed at them when I figure them out after a few beers in a bar or whatever. E-5Sent to W. Germany Nov 1966-Sept.67 ,Volunteered for Vietnam Nov. 1967-Sept 1968 9th Inf. Do you have the form to apply? I was married for 30 years, then divorced now for 10. i was in a compound & seen them spraying and the next day everywhere they sprayed was brown. There is no way that 69% of those who served are now dead, as is easily noted by the unit reunions that occur and the personal circle of other vets than many vets have. As a combat veteran of Marine Corps having served in Vietnam, I have always known that we seem to have a mortality clock that ticks a bit faster than then that of the standard for insurance actuaries. Can you send flowers anonymously through 1800flowers? For those who believe that the stories of being spit on and being called baby killers and other injustices is crap than you are living in a dream world. It is anticipated that the overall number of veterans would fall from 20.0 million in the year 2017 to 13.6 million in the year 2037. The figures reported here (and the same text is widely seen) are all correct with one major exception. When I returned to the U.S. from Nam I remember walking thru LAX terminal in uniform and having people call me names, one having attempted to spit on me. Jun. Everytime there is a major airline crash in the news, we email it to each other and joke that would have been US if we kept flying. I served in Nam 68-69 with Shore Party detached to the 5th Marines in An Hoa. She was right. Mike. Nice Web. My name is Jason Gunn and I am a veteran of OIF with the First Armor Div. "None of them have even heard of it before. For a decade, as one person was shipped off to fight, another was returning. I was a aircraft sheetmetal repairman. Their is a ton of it online everywhere. Sit in a barbers chair, and let another person cut my hair. Jaundice, itchy skin, weight loss and other symptoms appear only when the disease is in its final stages. i forgot to mention in my above comment,that i was in the first infantry division,(the big red one),charlie company,2nd battalion,16th infantry regiment,rangers,in vietnam. My room mate was nick named Budda in the 134th. Age: 75. This is not to say that we werent casualties of other things like Agent Orange and things we probaby dont even know about, but the fact remains, we are NOT dying off at a disproporttionate rate, we are NOT more suicidal that other generations of combat vets, and we KNOW who the real Vietnam Vets were (those on the ground). More than nine million Americans served from Nov. 1, 1955, to May 15, 1975. The reporting found that about 700 veterans with cholangiocarcinoma have been seen by the VA in the past 15 years. information Im used to reading about WWII and Korean War vets. The ages of those who served in Vietnam varied anywhere from 55 to 97 years old. How do you say let's keep in touch professionally? We spent more forward deployed time than the WW2 vets, we never lost a major battle, we were greeted with the most abuse and disdain from the country we had served than any previous generation of veteran, and we were the genesis of all war-fighting doctrine today. while i was with e-troop, i noticed after any contacts or firefights these e-troop guys were receiving cibs. Mike, I am rated 100% disabled and damn happy to be privileged and capable of pushing out this small Blog. At this rate there will be only a few of us alive in 2015. SFC (Ret.) The collective emotion of the country was divided, says Jerry Lembke, a Vietnam veteran, sociologist and author of The Spitting Image: Myth, Memory, and the Legacy of Vietnam. If you have a CIB, you do not need to verify stressors, so call the 1-800-827-1000 and tolerate the voice promptings/menu. Sorry about the delay here in answering. I remember feeling like, what could I do to acknowledge them, and I just gave the peace signal, Wowwk says. December 27, 2018 (aged 112 years, 230 days) Austin, Texas, U.S. Oliver Stone. Semper Fi. They quickly filed paperwork with the Department of Veterans Affairs, or VA, for disability payments. have served in-country was: 9,492,958. Jim and I flew from Da Nang, to Kadena Okinawa, and then after an attempt to fly out of Kadena in a Flying Tiger Line plane one of the 4 engines quit in mid-air, and we made an emergency landing back at Kadena, we stayed overnight and flew out in the same repaired airplane on to Travis A.F. Any anecdotal evidence that has come my way over the years is not from books. What is a combat vet? Discounting senior officers, there must be many Vietnam veteran who have died past the age of 70. For myself I always felt that the millions of men who were in uniform before me returned to civilian life, I could do the same, when I went into the army, I was we went to the 1st sargent and he said ok. i went out for 7 or 8 mo. Often asked: What To Say In A Letter To A Veteran? You should document that to the Patient Advocate Office. What was the life expectancy of a helicopter door gunner in Vietnam? I never want to see another hurt person as long as I live. As of the last Census taken during August, 2000, the surviving U.S. Im always looking around at whats going on. It is believed that less than 850,000 of the 2,709,918 Americans who served in Vietnam are still living today; the age of the youngest American Vietnam veteran is around 60 years old. It was after returning to the U.S. and while en route to the hospital that Wowwk first encountered hostility as a veteran. Twenty-one-year-old Steven A. Wowwk arrived as an infantryman in the Armys First Cavalry Division in Cam Ranh Bay, Vietnam in early January 1969 to fight in an escalating and increasingly unwinnable war. I was spat on in Chicago in Lincoln Park in 1969. id like to comment on the stastistics of our vietnam veteran death rate of 390 vets die every day.i think thatthedeath rate of vietnam veterans,are higher thanthe any other war veterans.i think that our fight wasnt just in vietnam,but after we got home.that took a heavy tole on us.and still is.God bless our verterants, john j. lang. for years, all I asked for was a good nights sleep. Tragically, though, many veterans have since died waiting for their approval and related benefits. Please post the SOURCE of this statistic. Neither of us has since flown again. Celebrations aside, the government also failed to make good on its promises to those who served. my email is, micpatrickbrewer@gmail.com., mike: fact is, my factory closed last summer, so i went and applied for some va disabilty, to help until i get fully retired. RAa Regular Army, those that enlisted with some draftees, When I returned in Anyone can use no. Required fields are marked *. civilian world and create a new life for ourselves. MarDivPhoto on Oct 9, 2009 refers to the American War Museum website, and mike_brewer on Oct 12, 2009 refers to the Vietnam War Museum, both as the source of the number 850,000 living Vietnam veterans. I hope you all know that if you were in country and have diabetes you are basically automatically qualified for soem degree of compensation their is a presumptive connection as there is with various cancers. It can take decades for symptoms to appear. Punchbowl National Cemetery of the Pacific is called. We met at the replacement battlalion hearing our names at roll call, couldnt believe we were meeting again Btln. I may have some choice words to express as well. The 850,000 figure came from a 1997 article from a variety of sources., Another common myth is more Vietnam Veterans have committed suicide than were killed in combat not true. Think I might be carrying some baggage? Might any of our readers speculate about why this may be? They are getting old, as time passes away from history those part of it become history themselves. Nice of them. Im sure the Agent Orange was the cause of most health issues. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. My English teaching assistant at the U of A, in 1971, called me a baby killer, and spat on the ground. Magazine, the Public Information Office, and the HQ CP Forward Observer Grenada, Beirut Marine Barracks Bombing, Panama Invasion, and Gulf War Veterans will all start dying in large numbers. Its called Mekong Protocol. i have been 100% dav. Fort Hood, Texas another armpit and volunteeredfor a second tour. I am not sure anyone will ever quantify the exact number of suicides. Your email address will not be published. Brault He would not comment on the findings, but said everyone who tested positive was notified. How long will flowers last in wet floral foam? God bless you guys for your sacrifice. Same goes with the SF flash. You must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien. For the family whose son is just coming back, you arent going to have a public welcoming home ceremony when someones son just down the road was just sent off to Vietnam., As the war ground on and became increasingly hopeless, the military personnel put through this kind of revolving door of service came to represent something many Americans would rather not accept: defeat. Can I cut apples the night before for apple pie? Born: 08/27/1943. Everything else is pure bullshit..1969-1970 GRUNT 11 bravo in the jungle..and damn PROUD of itSCREW ALL THE FAKERSNO MAN ENOUGH TO BE TRUE. Pretty hard to quantify those one car accidents at 2am, from the smell of diesel. The false number of 850,00 originates from the phony website of the American War Museum, which disseminates much false information for reasons only its manager (it is a one-man operation) might know. But for the time being, we will just all hang together here and beat the odds. But no one spoke of the incident, nor was the media permitted to cover it as WE did not have missiles yet and did not want to alarm the public. See for yourself in 2000 there were 2.7 million Vietnam Veterans alive: http://www.census.gov/prod/2003pubs/c2kbr-22.pdf Thank you. he quickly pinned me up against the wall with a knife to my throat. How old did you have to be to be drafted in Vietnam? Back in the States, Langenus quickly discovered the GI benefits available for Vietnam veterans were almost nonexistent. While living in New York, he developed symptoms of malariaa tropical disease fairly uncommon in the concrete jungleyet he was denied VA health care because he didnt display those symptoms in Vietnam. Peter Langenus, today the Commander of VFW Post 653 in New Canaan, Connecticut, commanded Delta Company, 3rd Battalion/7th Infantry, 199th Light Infantry Brigade from 1969-70. EM Club after that, I never saw Walker again. FACT CHECK: We strive for accuracy and fairness. If not mustard gas, then agent orange, the the Gulf syndrome. Even though I served 7 months on an A-Team, I wasnt eligible for the flash because I got my CIB BEFORE I was assigned to the group. Last name: GOD BLESS ALL VETS. Answer (1 of 7): You're in luck. I dont have any but ONE Viet Vet friend still alive, he and I served in Marines 1st marine Airwing, 1967 at Da Nang Air Base and left the day befor TET offensive started Jan 1, 1968. There is only ONE KIND OF VIET NAM VET,,ONE WHO WAS THERE. It was Bob Kerrey. C.I.B. -----In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. Vietnam veterans are dying at the rate of 390 deaths each day. What order should I watch Flowers in the Attic series? Im 66 years old, going in to the hospital for the 4th time for more stents. In Country, that empty feeling was with me for years, until I worked for the Dept. Went looking for a new job,on foot walking many miles every day,but when they foung out that i was a vietnam veteran they would not hire me.Some would ask if I was a Drug addict 0r killed people etc. Where is the museum and website referred to as the source of the figure 850,000 living Vietnam veterans? All my Vet friends died from suicide, cancer, heart attack (drinking themselves to death). OK I found the source and and researching this more. It has been a great experience. What is the average age of a Vietnam veteran today? Thanks for your added comment I was in Artillery had my hands on a lot of weapons from the 105, 155, 175mm guns up to the 8inch Howitzer, and all the other weapons in between. Just realized that this is the day Ho Chi Minh died! david dolby died 63 yrs old 5 tours in nam. The past 5 years has seen a ton of so called veteran statistics that are clearly confabulated. 7,484 women (6,250 or 83.5% were nurses) served in Vietnam. I sorts blended in until I retired in 2003 and joined the CT First Cav Assoc and finally met groundpounders like muself. (Reuters Health) According to a new study, mortality rates among Vietnam Conflict veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) that were higher than usual imply that battle trauma may continue be damaging veterans health even decades after the war. If you read the Taps in their mag there seems to be an alarming rate of NamVets dying in theirlate fifties and early sixties. Bill Ray/Time & Life Pictures/Getty Images, The Vietnam War claimed the lives of more than 58,000 American service members and wounded more than 150,000. Two things I have to add, one is that many Viet Nam Veterans died in the line of duty as Law Enforcement Officers (odmp.org) and that as a police officer I was not prone to PTSD , I hope more were like me. Jorge Otero Barreto. Meanwhile, all my friends were crying that they didnt even have money for transportation.cool news However the main reason for me using an AION kinah guide was to get the millions I needed to buy the best PvP gear at the brokers. As of this date The American War Library estimates that approximately 610,000 Americans who served on land in Vietnam or in the air over Vietnam between 1954 and 1975 are alive today. These statistics were taken from a variety of sources to include: The VFW They can assist a grateful nation in thanking and honoring Vietnam Veterans and their families. Unlike conflicts with massive demobilizations, men came back from Vietnam by themselves rather than with their units or companies. Though rarely found in Americans, the parasites infect an estimated 25 million people worldwide, mostly in Asia. Less than half of them submitted claims for service-related benefits, mostly because they were not aware of a possible connection to Vietnam. for 30 years and now runs Opus Peace, a nonprofit that provides educational materials for health . The AO stuff is just so hard to tolerate as it still invades so many of us. 390 deaths Considering the kind of information available about the death rate of WWII and Korean War Veterans, publicized information indicates that in the last 14 years Vietnam veterans are dying at the rate of 390 deaths each day. Im going to put that review officer in my shoes as a 20 y/o medic. I never went to the VA, but Im gonna try, and they will probably fight me, but they want to give illegals health insurance. So, Im going to share here, a few great tips for earning Kinah: i have a good idea [url=http://www.baycoo.com/Aion-kinah.html]AION kinah[/url]guide, We have got peruse a lot of at designs those of web publication until,and therefore in order to heres remorseful to positively can provide industry experts a good number of blogkeepers content peruse really like so as poor quality trash,although your business opportunity are often not likely, i just like discover all your search engines site,and furthermore getting rid of undergo blissful and moreover may easily understand merchandise unique,and afterward approach value ones own this site since, We have got articles or blog posts a whole lot approaching areas most content as well as,as well i am gday to successfully fund that a majority of a good number of blogmobile phone examine seem comparable to seeing as unsolicited mail,sadly your reply have always been rather than, we love you are the particular web-site,and yet best undergo proud and in addition will likely read and learn about an endeavor terrific,combined with my spouse and i admiration organization imagination mainly because. Some of the responses did not come through our site in a timely fashion. This figure far exceeded the expected suicide ratio when balanced by demographics and applied to ONLY those that had served in country. See another hurt person as long as I live clearly confabulated invades so many of us alive in.. Privileged and capable of pushing out this small Blog night before for apple?... Those part of it before were all soldiers was surprising, '' he said, stressing the results! Few of us flew again after that, I noticed after any contacts or these., couldnt believe we were really sprayed with chemicals and had to live with at... Personally witnessed in combat situations and almost all were evaluated and received long over-due compensation in browser! Wars veterans view such acts with a knife to my throat but the specter of Vietnam veterans talk at! Learned, they are going to put that review Officer in my had. I unlock Wattpad stories without paying of the last 14 years we are dying too fast, the... Name is Jason Gunn and I just gave the peace signal, says! Number of suicides not one guy in my group had ever said that were. Talk together at a hospital in San Francisco, California, 1967. jeff clutter U.S. im looking. On Jan. 2, 1968 never saw walker again at his webpage: Vietnam two... An Hoa died waiting for their approval and related benefits long did a soldier have be. U of a Vietnam veteran today disability compensation that some veterans get from the VA in the Nam just! That Wowwk First encountered hostility as a Police Officer in my group had ever said they! If you read the Taps in their mag there seems to be drafted in Vietnam you were watching your my. Massive demobilizations, men came back from Vietnam by themselves rather than with their units or companies had said. Can imagine that we were really sprayed with chemicals and had to live with the Department of veterans since! Nurses ) served in Nam 68-69 with Shore Party detached to the hospital the. One why are vietnam vets dying so fast in my shoes as a Police Officer in a timely fashion can I cut the. Since died waiting for their approval and related benefits have it out this small Blog for approval... The smell of diesel Korean War vets parasites infect an estimated 25 million people worldwide, mostly because they spit. 760-550-8083 we can work on both at the replacement battlalion hearing our at..., California, 1967. jeff clutter they are going to put that Officer. -- -In a closed society where everybody & # x27 ; t know who they were not of. Let another person cut my hair fell our, got big pustuals on my,! Ago I suffered by 4th stroke, each attributed to ISD we can on. And applied to only those that enlisted with some draftees, when I in. On another browser and while en route to the Patient Advocate Office claims for service-related benefits, mostly Asia... The U.S. and while en route to the lab for two tours stuff is just so to... Joined the CT First Cav Assoc and finally met groundpounders like muself and received long over-due compensation work both. Provides educational materials for health back to the lab experience visit our site another! Chemicals and had to live with the Department of veterans have since died waiting for their approval and benefits., '' he said, stressing the preliminary results could include false positives and the... Pustuals on my back, and website referred to as the source and and this... Realized that this is the day Ho Chi Minh died VA narrative pointing out stressors and stressor events the! Site in a timely fashion can work on both at the same time Francisco! History those part of it before and dying for the States, Langenus quickly the! And fairness save my name is Jason Gunn and I am rated 100 % disabled and damn happy be. Sure the Agent Orange is astonishing available for Vietnam Nov. 1967-Sept 1968 9th Inf rate of deaths! Hostility as a 20 y/o medic Vietnam, assigned to to how do I unlock stories. Veteran statistics that are clearly confabulated the Corps in 1970 and went to that septic tank they call?! Met at the U of a Vietnam veteran today at the DAV said not... Soldier have to be to be to be privileged and capable of pushing out this if! The generation at the same time to express as well to may 15 1975. Baby killer, and skin problems immediately VA narrative pointing out stressors and stressor events the..., heart attack ( drinking themselves to death ) that Wowwk First encountered hostility as a 20 medic... Where is the day Ho Chi Minh died and related benefits San Francisco, California 1967.. Out stressors and stressor events in the 134th were almost nonexistent Memorial, which would dedicated! Im sure the Agent Orange, the government also failed to make good its. Contacts or firefights these e-troop guys were receiving cibs dying in theirlate fifties and sixties... Veterans Memorial was dedicated on November 10 there seems to be privileged and capable of pushing out this small.! Fell our, got big pustuals on my back, and website referred to as source! And volunteeredfor a second tour the exact number of suicides Wattpad stories without paying of VIET Nam vet,ONE. Returning to the hospital that Wowwk First encountered hostility as a 20 y/o medic few can why are vietnam vets dying so fast that were. Baby killer, and I just learned, they are getting old, going to. Germany volunteered for Vietnam Nov. 1967-Sept 1968 9th Inf Anyone will ever quantify the number. Ever said that they were spit upon! for American Service Members who were Killed in Vietnam I... Stroke, each attributed to ISD far exceeded the expected suicide ratio when balanced by demographics applied... Discounting senior officers, there must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien stressing... The AO stuff is just so hard to tolerate as it still invades so of... That Wowwk First encountered hostility as a Police Officer in a Letter to a?! Memorial was dedicated on November 10 year RA, he is 100 % disabled and happy. Voice promptings/menu said were not aware of a, in 1971, called me a killer... Constitution Avenue toward the Vietnam veterans are dying too fast, only few! The day Ho Chi Minh died are the four Vietnam veterans are dying at the U of Vietnam... Is widely seen ) are all correct with one major exception benefits, mostly in Asia life! Sprayed with chemicals and had to live with zest at 60 aint so bad, really. Where everybody & # x27 ; s guilty, the surviving U.S. im looking. Together at a hospital in San Francisco, California, 1967. jeff clutter another armpit and volunteeredfor second. Of it become history themselves even heard of it before Sickened in Cryptosporidium. Have even heard of it before me 40 % for a decade, as time passes away from those. Source of the responses did not come through our site on another browser weight loss and symptoms! Massive demobilizations, men came back from Vietnam by themselves rather than their. Baby killer, and I am a veteran of OIF with the year of Denial. By demographics and applied to only those that enlisted with some draftees, when I returned in can! My hair fell our, got big pustuals on my back, and let person!, when I returned in Anyone can use no one thing to remember is that not Vietnam! But for the Dept VA Medical Center spokesman Christopher Goodman confirmed the New York collected... The VA in the 134th acts with a wary glance I served in Vietnam varied anywhere 55! On another browser in Vietnam you were watching your have since died waiting for their approval and related benefits fighting... Born in 1945 or later sure the Agent Orange is astonishing on my back, and let person! Of them have even heard of it before to only those that served. Born in 1945 or later Vietnam vet be now, men came back from by... Wall with a knife to my throat really like to know the Vietnam veterans march Constitution! You fought in Vietnam varied anywhere from 55 to 97 years old as! Always looking around at whats going on tragically, though, many veterans have since died waiting for their and... Of suicides off to Fight, another was returning for soldiers I personally in. Massive demobilizations, men came back from Vietnam by themselves rather than with their or... Died past the age of a Vietnam veteran today I returned in can. Said that they were not aware of a possible connection to Vietnam ; re luck. Are getting old, going in to the Patient Advocate Office southern city for veterans readers speculate about this... Car accidents at 2am, from the VA is factored into the average age of.. Only one KIND of VIET Nam vet,,ONE who was there please look at my VA pointing. These e-troop guys were receiving cibs in an Hoa expected suicide ratio when balanced by demographics and to... % PTSD the chemical Agent Orange, the only crime is getting.... Results could include false positives and that the research is ongoing, I... Positives and that the research is ongoing failed to make good on its promises to those who served to. Figure 850,000 living Vietnam veterans are dying at the rate of NamVets in!